Thursday, January 12, 2012

UnityGirl Fast: The Midas Touch

Last night I went to an great get-together called Words With Friends, where I was able to sit with some amazing women and talk about a message that was given by our pastor earlier in the evening.

One of the most impactful moments was when we answered a question: What would you life look like if you loved God perfectly and loved your neighbor personally? As we went around the table I felt a revelation of thought occur. I realized that this was a key question to my faith all these years. What would my life look like? Here is what I shared.

I was raised to believe that Jesus was my brother, my best friend and my perfect example. I was not told that he achieved the unachievable, in fact i was told the opposite. I was taught that the great miracles, teaching and abundance that Jesus demonstrated was available to me, if only I align my thoughts, words, and deeds with Him. Congruence. In fact to avoid confusion Jesus even flat out tells us this:

 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. -KJV

So when I think about what  my life would look like, I think about the Midas touch. The idea that everywhere I go I would yield fruit, I would bring hope, salvation and empowerment. I would do this because of my Example and my Brother who showed my the Way. I would be a perfect reflection of God's love and a pure reflection of God's light.

Of course, we are not perfect. We will make mistakes, fall into bad habits and respond to people in ways that we regret. But like one of my favorite teachers always says "Never too old, never too sick, never too bad, never too late to do yoga. To start from scratch and begin again." I think this is the same for God, faith and belief. Its never too late, to turn around, make new choices and begin again.

Today I woke up and saw this amazing video, that said all the things that I feel (and then some). It reminded me that my actions speak louder than my words. I hope you will watch it and be touched the way that I was.


Love
@unitygirl

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
Mother Teresa

No comments: