Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 2: Move on and Grow

Today I cleared my cupboards and went shopping. I stocked up on everything from my list and realized how hard it was to find anything without sugar or milk in it... but I survived.

Hardest part of today: realizing I really wasn't going to drink coffee for the next 3 weeks

Best part of today: Red grapes

As I fed my little ones mac and cheese and chicken nuggets I was really tempted. So I figured out a trick. I put something on their plate that I could eat, red grapes. So that will be my new tradition, always have something on my kids plate that I can eat, that way if I am tempted I can avoid eating fruit snacks or a quesidilla.

I also realized today that this fast is more about reading, prayer and meditation than about what I eat. So tomorrow I will focus on that... because lets face it the last 2 days have been all about food and lack of coffee. Time to move on and grow.

No comments: