Sunday, January 13, 2013

God as Truth #Unity #Fast

The second main characteristic of God is Truth. I find that it is easy to get lost in the details of this statement. God is not truthful, like a human is truthful, God is Truth itself. If you have Truth, that is God. I think many people have experienced Truth, even if they don't label it God. God is absolute Truth at all times.  When we focus on God as Absolute Truth, all relative things begin to fade. In the reading today, Emmet Fox states "To know the Truth about any condition heals it. Jesus said, And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32)… Did you get that? To know the Truth about ANY situation HEALS it. That is powerful!

It is important to take time to turn our attention to Divine Truth. When we are dealing with our friends, family and business colleagues, it is important that we see them in the light of Truth. When we see everyone we come in contact with as an expression of God as Truth, speaking and acting from Truth becomes easier and more easily seen. The challenge is to simply focus on the Truth of a situation before engaging in discussions or interrelations. See that Truth dwells within the person you are communicating with and know that they will be acting from Divine Truth.

Let me give you an example. I have to sign a contract with one of my clients. Before my meeting, I close my eyes and mediate on God As Truth and on my client having that Truth within them and knowing that they will act from it. If I truly believe that this is true, the person I am talking to will act from Truth.  Usually someone is not trying to lie to me or withhold information, but often when I do this meditative exercise prior to a meeting information is shared more easily and freely. I have even had clients say "Oh, I almost forgot" near the end of a meeting that provided critical information for the success of the project. I also can sense a little clearer when someone is not telling the truth.

This reminds me of something from a new show that I am enjoying called " Once Upon a Time". The Heroine says that she has a magic power which is that she can tell if someone is lying. I think everyone has this power if they connect with that part of themselves that knows Divine Truth. When we focus on God, we can more easily discern what is right and true, and this is true freedom. When we connect to God, connect to Truth, we are set free.

My thoughts dictate my experience, and if I believe the Truth, God's Truth in a situation, then I believe I will be guided into the right situations and business dealings. I am set free from the fear of being lied to, being in the wrong situation at the wrong time. The Truth will set me free and my heart can be at ease.

 

No comments: